In many cases, in the pursuit of general mobility fitness, people focus only on the muscles and neglect the joints and ligaments.
However, in the long term, the health of joints and ligaments is just as important as that of the muscles. Serious injuries can develop, such as fractures, strains, tears, chronic inflammation (tendonitis, bursitis), etc.
As we get older, it becomes even more important to protect our joints, on the one hand because metabolism decreases, and on the other because the regenerative and healing processes are reduced. The cells that make up joints and tendons are damaged by everyday use and if there is inadequate recovery, the inflammation increases until it reaches a point where it is called chronic arthritis (osteoarthritis - affecting both bones and joints, rheumatoid arthritis - affecting joints, tendonitis - affecting ligaments).
When we use the joint ligaments during hard training, they are damaged in the same way as the muscles. To regenerate the muscles we eat protein, but joints also require certain specific substances (collagen, MSM, glucosamine, chondroitin) which are difficult to get from our diet.
Our complex joint protectors mainly contain the following active ingredients:
- Glucosamine and chondroitin sulphate: precursors of proteoglycans that hydrate (replenish water) the articular cartilage
- MSM: a powerful anti-inflammatory that helps joints to recover and protects cartilage tissue and tendon cells.
- Hyaluronic acid: a proteoglycan that moisturises joints and tightens the skin.
- Collagen: the main building block of joints and ligaments
- Vitamin C: a powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant and vitamin C is needed for collagen production
- Turmeric and other herbal extracts: a very powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant agent. It also stimulates the joints with the nutrients they need to recover.
Our complex joint protection formulas contain all these active ingredients in balanced amounts.